06 December 2007

Romney's Mormon Speech Outtakes

Today, Mitt Romney gave a much-hyped speech about his Mormon faith as it relates to his candidacy for President. Here are some excerpts from the speech that didn't make it into the final draft:

  • "Its actually pronounced 'more man.' "
  • "I pledge to you - as do all my first ladies - that religion will not matter."
  • "We're sorry about all the door-knocking! Have you ever tried to live in Utah?"
  • "The Book of Mormon is not what it sounds like. Its just a cookbook."
  • "Would you prefer I were Jewish?"
  • "No booze, masturbation, or premarital sex? Fuck it - I deserve to be President."
  • "Learn about Mormonism before judging me... No, that would just fuck everything up even more."
  • "Polygamy is how I keep myself from coveting thy neighbor's wife. Thine too."
  • "Mormonism is no more ridiculous than Christianity, people."
  • "Don't knock polygamy until you try it, fellas. Every day is Christmas."
  • "Fuck religion - have you seen my hair?"