18 July 2006

The Secret Bush Tapes

During lunch at a recent G8 summit meeting in Russia, President Bush was, unbeknownst to him, caught chatting informally with Tony Blair about the Middle East, the U.N., global trade talks, and miscellaneous other topics. Here are a few soundbytes that I heard were recorded:

  • “Is there something in my teeth?”
  • “I’ve had enough Euro-trash at this thing to last the rest of my term.”
  • “Those really are fabulous window treatments.”
  • “If I don't get to a bathroom soon there'll be an international incident.”
  • “Tony – have you given any more thought to switching wives for a night?”
  • “Have you heard the one about the Mullah, Emir, and Ayatollah who walk into a bar?”
  • “Sometimes I just want to crawl under the table at these dinners and play for a while.”
  • “So, Tony, about the war… Ah, fuck it – what’s for dessert?”
  • “Ever wonder whether those Arab fellas are naked under those robes?”
  • “What does the G in G8 stand for, anyway? Come to think of it, what does the 8 mean?”
  • “You know – Kofi Annan really is a good-looking man.”
  • “I have to go home soon or I’ll miss Gunsmoke.”
  • “I told Condi to get her sweet tits over to Syria and make something happen!”
  • “Do you dare me to throw this olive at Chirac?”
  • “You know, I’ve never understood how if it’s the east, it can also be in the middle.”
  • “I say Diet Coke and I get Coke. I think that waiter is a terrorist.”
  • “Hey Tony, let's go lob a cherry bomb into the men's room at the Kremlin!”
  • “There's just too much talking at these fuckin summits.”
  • “What's the weed situation for after dinner?”