05 November 2004

Hopeful headlines

As a I sit here wondering how I can use my life to reverse this conservative trend in US politics before I die, I keep imagining all the newspaper headlines I’d like to see. Here are a few:

  • “Cheney’s daughter reported to be dating Ted Kennedy’s daughter”
  • "Karl Rove locked in limosuine and eats himself to death"
  • “Bush mauled by polar bear while surveying Alaska Wildlife Preserve”
  • "New study reveals that Attorney General Ashcroft is a virgin"
  • “God accuses Bush Administration of partisan politics”
  • “Army applies for Pell Grants to supply Iraq War front”
  • “Bush birth records reveal shocker: W. actually stands for ‘Womanizer’”
  • “Ashcroft announces subpoena of Allah; cites national security reasons” \
  • “Bush administration proposes privatization of federal government”
  • “Homeland Security chief Tom Ridge caught snorting Anthrax”
  • "Fetuses speak out against Bush administration"
  • “New tape: bin Laden refers to Laura Bush as ‘hot lips'”
  • “Evidence suggests that Karl Rove ate democratic voters in Florida; recount eminent”
  • “Defense Secretary Rumsfeld caught masturbating in Pentagon situation room”